By the end of this unit, students should be able to:
- Understand the characteristics of angles that create triangles.
- Describe the resulting face shape from cuts made parallel and perpendicular to the bases of right rectangular prisms and pyramids.
- Understand the relationship between radius and diameter.
- Understand that the ratio of circumference to diameter can be expressed as pi.
- Use understanding of the ratio of circumference to diameter to generate the formula for circumference and area.
- Use understanding of angles to write and solve equations.
- Problem solve with area, volume, and surface area of two-dimensional and three-dimensional objects.